Performance management is an essential skill if supervisors and managers are to get positive results through people.
An understanding of the components which contribute to performance management is vital if goals and targets are to be achieved. Monitoring progress toward those goals and targets is another essential skill to achieve success.
This course for supervisors and managers is designed to impart the knowledge and skills to set, manage and ultimately achieve results through professional performance management.
What do delegates get out of it?
- Understand the framework within which performance management operates
- Understand the Performance Cycle
- The benefits of assessing performance correctly
- Appreciate the positive environment required
- The part motivation plays
- Exploration of motivational theory
- The part goals and objectives play
- Understanding SMART goals and how to set them
- Monitoring the progress being made
- Keeping goals on track and action to take to rectify divergence
- Getting a team to perform
- Providing direction for a team
- The part behaviour plays in team performance
- Overcoming poor behaviour
- Appreciate a performance model and its use
- Keeping the communication going and providing feedback.
What’s been said by those attending it:
‘Presented in such a way as to make it immediately applicable’.
‘We talk about performance management, but now I understand what is meant by it’.
For your reference, please download a course outline here.