Research tells us that a message is transmitted through the words we use (7%), the way we say it (38%) and our body language (55%), so it should be no surprise that we have to work that much harder in getting our message across when using the telephone as we don’t have the benefit of body language!
This course provides the knowledge and skills to help make up this loss of body language and the confidence to handle difficult situations.
What do delegates get out of it?
- An appreciation of the positive and negative aspects of the telephone
- How to make a good impression
- How to prepare to make a call
- How to receive a call and follow through
- An examination of the skills required to be professional on the telephone
- An understanding of what communication really is
- Managing their behaviour and modifying that of the caller
- How to resolve problems and ‘think on their feet’
What’s been said by those attending it:
‘I now appreciate the techniques to use that people have used on me!’
‘What an insight into human behaviour, I even understand myself better!
‘This has made me view the telephone differently and given me the skills to use it better’.
For your reference, please download a course outline here.