With more and more meetings now taking place, and people being generally ‘time poor’, the importance of having accurate concise minutes has never been greater. They provide a record of what was said and the decisions taken, which ensures that meetings are more effective for those who were and were not present. They could also be used in a court of law!
Times are changing and so are the skills of minute takers and the format of minutes. This course examines both the traditional methods and some others which are now being used.
What do delegates get out of it?
- Appreciate why meetings and minutes are important
- How to prepare for meetings and minute taking
- Understand the format, content and purpose of minutes
- What to do when taking minutes
- Address some of the issues that beset minute takers
- A variety of methods for recording minutes at a meeting
- Appreciate the various formats for the finished minutes
- The responsibilities of those attending a meeting
What’s been said by those attending it:
‘Most helpful and informative’.
‘Offered a large amount of ideas that I can implement in the workplace’.
For your reference, please download a course outline here.