‘Moments of Truth’ and ‘You never get a second chance to make a first impression’. Such expressions could have been written with reception skills in mind? The professionalism and efficiency which visitors are met with face to face or over the telephone does much to form an impression of an organisation.
This course takes the delegate through the portfolio of skills required of those holding this ‘front line’ position in order that they demonstrate the cool, calm confidence required to deal with any situation.
What do delegates get out of it?
- An appreciation of the role and responsibilities of a receptionist
- Understand the importance of knowing about the organisation they represent
- Know what is meant by professionalism in this role
- A broader and deeper understanding of all aspects of communication
- An awareness of the part behaviour plays and what are the behaviours styles?
- Different approaches with ‘face to face’ visitors and ‘telephone callers’
- Making the best use of the time available
What’s been said by those attending it:
‘This course has given me added confidence in knowing what I should be doing’.
‘I never realised what being a receptionist involved’.
‘I feel I will be able to control situations better now’.
For your reference, please download a course outline here.