If any individual or organisation is to achieve their desired goals, then organisation and delegation skills are an essential ingredient.
Only by understanding, appreciating and implementing best practice in resource management and delegating tasks appropriately, can people be motivated to achieve the required outcomes and make the best use of the time available.
This one day course examines key areas associated with organising and delegating, prompting and challenging attendees to re-assess their own, their bosses and their organisation’s approach to organising and delegating and identifying potential areas for improvement.
What do delegates get out of it?
- The Roles and Responsibilities of those undertaking organising and delegating
- Setting Objectives to support a Goal/Vision
- Identifying the people to carry out the tasks
- Matching skills to achieve the desired outcome
- Gap Analysis – Incorrect skill mix – insufficient resource
- Forecasting future work levels, productivity and labour turnover
- What is it and what are its benefits?
- What don’t people delegate?
- Three key essentials to good delegation
- When to delegate and when not to delegate!
- The process of delegation
- Motivation and Empowerment:
- How can delegation motivate?
- Using delegation as a motivator
- What is Empowerment?
- The ingredients required to ensure effective empowerment
- What has been achieved?
- What lessons can be learnt?
- What performance and behaviours were observed?
- The Four Stages of Feedback.
What’s been said by those attending it:
‘Excellent and good at adapting the programme and the style of delivery to the needs of the delegates’.
‘Really good and made some brilliant points’.
For your reference, please download a course outline here.