An essential part of improving performance and confidence in team members is for them to be coached well and mentored by a manager or team leader.
This course provides the opportunity to appreciate what good coaching and mentoring practice is and how to become confident at both by using a recognised coaching model.
What do delegates get out of it?
- Understanding what coaching and mentoring is and why use it
- The need for effective coaching and mentoring
- Maintaining the coaching and mentoring boundaries
- Discovering the differences between coaching and other development approaches
- Approaches that might work best for those being coached and mentored
- Improving their coaching ‘Style’
- Coaching skills and techniques
- Active listening and questioning skills
- Advantages and barriers to coaching
- The use and application of coaching models
- What is a mentor
- Types of mentoring
- Mentoring relationships
- How to provide good feedback
What’s been said by those attending it:
‘A stimulating and thought provoking day’.
‘I now appreciate the benefits of making the effort to coach my team’.
For your reference, please download a course outline here.