Appraisals, or Performance Reviews, form an essential part of the development of an organisation and the people within it, they provide the opportunity to make a formal assessment of an individual by reviewing the recent past in order to look forward and plan the future.
Sadly, appraisals can often fall short of their full potential because those conducting them don’t fully understand or appreciate the reasons and benefits of such a process, nor their true role in it, or they find it difficult to make a formal assessment of someone they often meet daily on a more ‘casual’ basis.
This course takes delegates through the key elements of the appraisal approach, from understanding the reasoning behind appraisals to conducting an interview.
What do delegates get out of it?
- Understanding of the various business tools that feed in to an appraisal
- The benefits of conducting appraisals
- Recognise the responsibilities they have in the process
- An overview of the appraisal process
- Reviewing and setting targets and objectives (SMART)
- How to adopt a beneficial approach to conducting the appraisal interview
- How to communicate effectively
- How to provide feedback
- Practice at conducting an interview.
What’s been said by those attending it:
‘Provided me with the understanding to conduct an appraisal with confidence’.
‘I feel I now have the skills to conduct better interviews’.
‘I can now see how appraisals do have a part to play’.
For your reference, please download a course outline here.